Below you will find a number of books and studies on port law published by PORTIUS (whether or not in collaboration with other publishers or agencies). For more publications on port law, check out the contributions by the members of our International Port Law Network.
- Eric Van Hooydonk, The EU Seaports Regulation. A commentary on Regulation (EU) 2017/352 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 15 February 2017 establishing a framework for the provision of port services and common rules on the financial transparency of ports (Antwerp, Portius Publishing, 2019, 1307 pages – ISBN 9789463882422) – Check out the Table of Contents, some sample pages and the Index, or click here to order this book from Portius Publishers.
- Eric Van Hooydonk, Port Labour in the EU. Labour Market, Qualifications & Training. Health & Safety, 2 Vols. (Ghent, Portius, 2014, 317 + 1131 pages – An update of the 2013 study mentioned below, taking into account, inter alia, the accession to the EU of Croatia) – Click on the links to download Vol. 1 or Vol. 2 from the European Commission’s website.
- Eric Van Hooydonk, 50 Years of the European Tugowners Association. From London club to Brussels lobby (Antwerp, Pandora and Portius, 2013, 195 pages – ISBN 978-90-5325-355-7) – A study of EU policy in relation to the port towage business based on a comprehensive study of the full 50-year archive of the European Tugowners Association.
- Eric Van Hooydonk, Port Labour in the EU. Labour Market, Qualifications & Training. Health & Safety, 2 Vols. (Ghent, Portius, 2013, 328 + 1101 pages – a comprehensive study, commissioned by the European Commission, Brussels, of the international, EU and national policy and legal aspects of port labour in the EU, focusing of labour market organisation, training and health and safety. The study was part of the European Commission’s preparation of its 2013 port policy proposals and influenced the Commission’s policy, the case law, other studies and national policies) – Click on the links to download Vol. 1 or Vol. 2 from the European Commission’s website.
- Eric Van Hooydonk, The law ends where the port area begins (Antwerp/Apeldoorn, Maklu, 2010, 64 pages – ISBN 978-90-466-0390-1) – This booklet contains the inaugural lecture at the launch of PORTIUS – International and EU Port Law Centre.